Gender Identity Policy
Faith is integrated into all aspects of the school’s activities. It would be inconsistent with the school’s identity and mission to teach, promote, or encourage an understanding that is contrary to Catholic teachings. According to the Catholic Faith, a person’s sexual identity is rooted in one’s biological identity as male or female. So a person’s biological identity and gender identity are considered to be one and the same.
Immaculate Conception School’s policies include:
• All students will be treated with sensitivity, respect, mercy, and compassion, making reasonable accommodations for additional privacy.
• Participation on school teams will be according to biological sex.
• Names and pronouns will be in accordance with the student’s biological sex.
• Gender appropriate dress, bathrooms, locker rooms, showers, and sleeping accommodations on trips will be according to biological sex.
• Names in school records will be maintained according to the student’s biological sex.